REGISTRATION 2014 RACE INFO 5K RUN/WALK INFORUNNER TESTIMONIALS REGISTRATION
CONFIRMATION COURSE MAP & INFO DIRECTIONS TO THE
RACE SITETRAVEL &
ACCOMMODATIONS RESULTSORDER PHOTOS PHOTO GALLERY AWARDSSPONSORSVOLUNTEERCHARITIESNEWS & RACE UPDATESTRAINING PROGRAMS MERCHANDISEFAQ'S
CLICK HERE to register for the 2015 event!
WELCOME TO THE INDIANAPOLIS MARATHON AND HALF MARATHON
Thank you for your interest in the 20th Annual Indianapolis Marathon and Half Marathon at Fort Harrison. We are very excited about this year’s event which in addition to the MARATHON and HALF-MARATHON also includes a MARATHON RELAY, a 5K Run/Walk, and the 1 Mile KIDS MARATHON. We are a mid-size race by design and we take pride in putting on a 1st CLASS event, making sure to provide the personal touch for the participants, all at a very reasonable price.
The MISSION of the Indianapolis Marathon and Half Marathon is to serve runners, walkers, and our community through a fun, safe, and scenic event that is a good value to participants and a positive event for our community. We strive hard to please the participants by offering a well organized and friendly event. We look forward to your participation on Saturday, October 17, 2015 and wish you all the best in your training!
This scenic race starts and finishes in historic Fort Benjamin Harrison and takes participants on a beautiful loop of the Fort Harrison State Park during the peak of the fall foliage spectacle. The Marathon and Half Marathon courses are mainly flat with a challenging hill near mile 3 and just past mile 10 in the State Park.
What Sets This Event Apart...• One of the most beautiful Autumn Marathon courses you will find anywhere. The course has been described as “Enchanting” and “Surreal” by participants! “No ‘down’ spots along the entire course”. An amazing treat.
• The fantastic post-race atmosphere. After the race, hang out in the Beautiful Park Setting of the Former Army Parade Grounds of Lawton Loop. Enjoy music, fire pits, a free post-race meal, and a magical atmosphere where people simply want to relax, catch up with new and old friends, and enjoy their accomplishment on a beautiful autumn day.
• The Indianapolis Marathon and Half Marathon registration fees are some of the most reasonable in the country!
• We delight in paying attention to the details. Our Goal for participants: Exceed Expectations, Amaze Them!
Additional Event Highlights we are Proud to Share:• This is our 20th Year, and we just LOVE putting on this event! A motivated race committee consisting of friends, family, and runners who know what participants like, and are motivated to put on a top quality event!
• The Indianapolis Marathon or Half Marathon has been chosen by Road Runners Club of America to be the 2014 RRCA Indiana Half Marathon Championship. We have been named an RRCA State or National Regional Championship event in each of the past 8 years! We are proud of this honor and view it as a responsibility to put on an event worthy of its Championship status!
• Water provided at 20 aid stations along the course as well as at the finish line.
• Gatorade provided at 19 aid stations along the course as well as at the finish line.
• USATF Certified courses featuring Electronic timing and scoring.
• Instant Results at our Results/Awards Tent by industry leader End Results Company. Get your race results including splits and positions right after crossing the finish line. Win an age-group Award? Qualify for Boston? No waiting – you will know at once!
• The 2015 Indianapolis Marathon is a Boston Marathon Qualifier for 2017! (Note – it is also a qualifier for the 2016 Boston Marathon if Boston is not already filled.) Check the results page for 2014 and 2015 Boston Marathon qualifiers.
• Great Post-Race atmosphere including a free post-race cookout for all participants.
• Colorful Technical T-shirts for all participants.
• Outstanding Finisher Medals presented to the Marathon, Half Marathon, Marathon Relay, and 5K finishers.
• Plenty of Free Parking near the race site for all race weekend activities.
• Results posted on our website at www.IndianapolisMarathon.com.
• Fantastic course support with experienced and attentive volunteers.
• You can feel good about your participation in this event knowing that in 2013 we helped raise over $130,000 for local charities, and we hope to do even more in 2014! We have raised over $700,000 for local charities in our 18 year history. If you have a charity that would like to participate in this race, please contact us.
• Registration will continue until the field is filled at 4,500 participants. There will be walk-up Registration on Race Weekend at Packet Pickup on Friday and Saturday if the field has not yet filled. Please check this website to see if the field has filled.
• Family fun and activities at the "Lawrence Family Fall Festival", 10am-2pm directly adjacent to the Finish Line. http://www.lawrenceartcenter.net/fallfest
|Info Line: 317.826.1670 firstname.lastname@example.org|